I decided to move Emily on Thursday instead of Friday. Carpe Diem and all that. The loved having Emily's bed in their new room and played in it all day. Naptime was a little tricky, but after about 45 minutes(punctuated by two check-ins, one diaper-change, a bout of hysterical crying, a bout of "Wake up, Baby! Wake up" from Ben and him also taking a picture off the wall and hurting himself), they bot fell asleep together. Yay! Bedtime was even easier! Go, me!
That's where the ease of transition ends, my friends. Emily woke them both up at 5 am and, while she went easily back to sleep, Mr. Ben would NOT. Due to some social obligations, they missed the afternoon nap, but bedtime was HORRIFIC. Emily screamed for well over 30 minutes before passing out from exhaustion. I expected it to be hard, but after yesterday, I was pretty optimistic. Oh well...this, too, shall pass, right? Keep the good-vibes, thoughts and prayers coming as Ben and Emily become roomates!
That's where the ease of transition ends, my friends. Emily woke them both up at 5 am and, while she went easily back to sleep, Mr. Ben would NOT. Due to some social obligations, they missed the afternoon nap, but bedtime was HORRIFIC. Emily screamed for well over 30 minutes before passing out from exhaustion. I expected it to be hard, but after yesterday, I was pretty optimistic. Oh well...this, too, shall pass, right? Keep the good-vibes, thoughts and prayers coming as Ben and Emily become roomates!
1 comments:
I'm sure things will get better within the next couple of days. I always give Aubrey 1 week to adjust to any transition. Just keep up the good work and the positivity and the rest will fall into place. =)
Post a Comment