CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Mr. Independent

It was bound to happen, I suppose. As hard as I tried, Ben figured out a way to grow up. No longer is he my sweet baby, nor is he a funny little toddler. He's a preschooler and soon-to-be KINDERGARTENER. I don't know where the past 4 years and 4 months has gone, but I desperately want them back! If only to snuggle my little guy just a little longer. He's a great reminder to enjoy his baby and little sisters each moment:)
Anyway, I jokingly refer to him as Terrance the Teenager now because he is 4 going on 14. He talks back to me, says things like, "I'm busy." and "Whatever". I was frustrated at him for something and said, "Thanks a lot, Ben, for blah blah blah". His response? "You're NOT welcome". Ouch! He also has become really independent. He gets himself dressed with no prodding(and, obviously no input!) from me. If he's hungry? He gets himself a snack. If he's thirsty and there's a cup handy? He opens the fridge and pours himself a drink! He'll go into the freezer, get out a frozen waffle, pop it in the toaster and then let me know when I need to put the butter and jelly on it. He uses the microwave like he was born doing it. It's pretty wonderful, actually!
The bittersweetness of it all is that for every new skill he acquires, something babyish goes by the wayside. I *know* I should be happy about it, but it tugs at my heart:( My Baby Bear isn't a baby anymore.

So big, SO handsome!


Another awesome outfit by Terrance;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Mimi said...

He gets his fashion sense from his Mimi!