Whenever I need Ben and Emily to keep up a steady pace while walking somewhere, I enlist their help in pushing Callie in the stroller. They love taking turns pushing her and are so eager to walk to the next landmark to switch. It makes it so much easier to walk home from the playground when they're normally tired from playing. It renews their energy and they don't even realize I'm tricking them into walking home faster;) Another variation of this is having them race each other to different landmarks. I use this to burn off energy on our "Walks to Nowhere". The only downside is one or both of them often trips and skins their hands or knees:( Then I feel like an a-hole for pitting them against each other to see which is faster. Plus, I usually end up having to carry someone most of the way. It's usually good, clean fun, but don't try it if your kid is wearing shorts and flip-flops. They're guaranteed to take a tumble.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment