Yesterday, we took one of our normal, early evening walks around the neighborhood. There are some steps leading up to the school across the street that Ben and Emily love playing on. Being that I am now in my 8th month of pregnancy(yes. that's right. 6 weeks or less to go 'til my c-section), I require rest periods, even after short walks. The walks might be short, but trying to keep two little ones safe while keeping up with them requires a lot more energy than I have these days!
Ben and Emily, being the industrious duo that they are, came up with a SUPER fun game while mommy sat down to rest;) All you need to play is a bulbous-shaped mother who can't get up easily, her flip-flops and the ability to run away laughing. "Steal Mommy's Shoes" was quite the game! They'd take turns pretending to put my shoes back on, then they'd jump up and run away laughing while I pretended to yell, "Hey! Give me back my shoes!!". I seriously adore games that we can play while I sit on my can;)
I hate that I need to rest so often, but I've been having a lot of contractions and the doctor's orders are to stay off my feet whenever possible. I just stared at her when she said this, because I thought it rude to laugh right in her face. I reminded her that I have a three year old and a two year old and that it's just not possible between 6 am and 8 pm! Hopefully Callie will stay cookin' until her scheduled c-section, despite me not resting as much as I should be. I only have a few short weeks left with my little guys; I want us all to enjoy them before everything goes pear-shaped while I'm in the hospital.

Emmie The Shoe Bandit
Ben and Emily, being the industrious duo that they are, came up with a SUPER fun game while mommy sat down to rest;) All you need to play is a bulbous-shaped mother who can't get up easily, her flip-flops and the ability to run away laughing. "Steal Mommy's Shoes" was quite the game! They'd take turns pretending to put my shoes back on, then they'd jump up and run away laughing while I pretended to yell, "Hey! Give me back my shoes!!". I seriously adore games that we can play while I sit on my can;)
I hate that I need to rest so often, but I've been having a lot of contractions and the doctor's orders are to stay off my feet whenever possible. I just stared at her when she said this, because I thought it rude to laugh right in her face. I reminded her that I have a three year old and a two year old and that it's just not possible between 6 am and 8 pm! Hopefully Callie will stay cookin' until her scheduled c-section, despite me not resting as much as I should be. I only have a few short weeks left with my little guys; I want us all to enjoy them before everything goes pear-shaped while I'm in the hospital.
Emmie The Shoe Bandit

0 comments:
Post a Comment