Here we go again! The school-year has officially begun. This year, I will be double-participating, meaning I will be working in both Ben's class AND Emmie's! Ben will go in the afternoons now, on M/T/TH/FR. Emily will be in the class Ben just graduated from, so she'll be there M/W/F mornings. That's right, people. I will be at that damn school every day of the week. It's SO worth it, though=) It's been AMAZING seeing Ben and his classmates bloom over the past three years. He has just turned into this, this...kid. He owns that school now. Big fish in a small pond;) By this point, we all know the in's and out's and school is just another thing he does. He's been excited for school to start, anxious about the change in his schedule but mainly ready to get back into the swing of things. Here are his pictures from the first day!
************************************************************
I'm so excited for Emily to finally get her turn to blossom. She's loved this school from the very first time she set foot in it and has been anxiously awaiting the day that she was big enough to go too. Today was that day! We woke up early, picked out her outfit, decided which of her MANY backpacks was THE backpack and ate our breakfast. Then, we did something she's waited for for two+ years. We went to the drive-thru coffee shop and got her the ritual hot cocoa Ben always gets before school on my work-day=) This is truly a rite of passage for her and she relished it.
Emily had a smashing first day. She's so familiar with the teacher and the flow of the class that I knew she'd do great. She even made a new friend! A little boy named...wait for it...wait for it...Ben! They really hit it off=) I can't wait for next Monday to watch her in action again!
0 comments:
Post a Comment