Ben starts preschool in ONE WEEK! Can you believe it?! My sweet little baby is getting so grown up. He will be going to preschool two days a week for 2.5 hours. It is a parent-participation/co-op preschool, which means each parent is assigned a day to work in the classroom as a teacher's aide, along with a multitude of other responsibilities and obligations(both physical and monetary) to the maintenance of the school and it's various parent-run committees.
At first, I was so excited to be able to go to school with Ben! Now that I realize there is SO MUCH MORE to it, I'm sort of feeling like we might have sold our souls to his preschool just to save $100 or so per month in tuition;) In all actuality, though, both Dan and I are thrilled that we get to be such a big, hands-on part of Ben's early education. It makes the fact that he is old enough for organized learning a little easier to swallow. I am looking forward to working so closely with his teacher and to meet the other parents, too. It will be a learning experience for ALL of us, which is pretty cool!
Ben is excited(although I'm not sure if he realizes what's in store. He's mostly excited about the Wheat Thins they had for snack on the day we visited.). We are all getting ready for his first day; the first thing on our list was to pick out the perfect backpack. I'm not too impressed by it, but Ben adores it. He has been dragging it around since I brought it home last night. He is currently nestled in his bed, with his "pack pack" beside him. If Emily tries to touch it, he screams at her. I think I might need to get her a rolling backpack, too!
Seriously, why have I been lugging all their crap around in a diaper bag when I could just pack their own little rolling backpacks and make them schlep it around?! I think I'm onto something here, fellow toddler moms;) On the negative side, once they decide they're tired of dragging it, I will probably be stuck dragging it(or worse, wearing it!), so maybe I'll stick to my fabulous designer diaper bag instead. Anyway, here's the big Preschool Boy modeling his two new favorite things:)
At first, I was so excited to be able to go to school with Ben! Now that I realize there is SO MUCH MORE to it, I'm sort of feeling like we might have sold our souls to his preschool just to save $100 or so per month in tuition;) In all actuality, though, both Dan and I are thrilled that we get to be such a big, hands-on part of Ben's early education. It makes the fact that he is old enough for organized learning a little easier to swallow. I am looking forward to working so closely with his teacher and to meet the other parents, too. It will be a learning experience for ALL of us, which is pretty cool!
Ben is excited(although I'm not sure if he realizes what's in store. He's mostly excited about the Wheat Thins they had for snack on the day we visited.). We are all getting ready for his first day; the first thing on our list was to pick out the perfect backpack. I'm not too impressed by it, but Ben adores it. He has been dragging it around since I brought it home last night. He is currently nestled in his bed, with his "pack pack" beside him. If Emily tries to touch it, he screams at her. I think I might need to get her a rolling backpack, too!
Seriously, why have I been lugging all their crap around in a diaper bag when I could just pack their own little rolling backpacks and make them schlep it around?! I think I'm onto something here, fellow toddler moms;) On the negative side, once they decide they're tired of dragging it, I will probably be stuck dragging it(or worse, wearing it!), so maybe I'll stick to my fabulous designer diaper bag instead. Anyway, here's the big Preschool Boy modeling his two new favorite things:)

0 comments:
Post a Comment