CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Emmie Visits My OB

I got the supreme pleasure of bringing a still-sick Emily with me to my OB appointment on Friday! Despite a too-long wait, she did really well. Especially considering she was due for a nap and still feeling crappy. I tried to keep her occupied, but ended up having to use every trick in my limited arsenal before the doc even came in to see me:/ Eventually, I'd run out of snacks, toys, images on my camera and other lame attempts to entertain her. She HAD to get out of her stroller. The first thing she explored was the dreaded exam-table. She didn't know yet to fear and loathe those lovely stirrups! She checked them out, sat on the table and had a grand 'ol time. Maybe she'll grow up to be an OB/GYN!




As for my visit, everything looks great! I passed my Glucose Tolerance test, meaning I DON'T have gestational-diabetes again(I had it with Emily, but not with Ben)! I've gained 13 lbs to date and Callie's heart-beat sounds perfect. I've started having Uterine Irritability again, resulting in frequent, often uncomfortable Braxton-Hicks contractions(practice contractions, for the unenlightened). I'm supposed to drink tons of water, rest on my left-side when I can and take it easy whenever they start up. IF I don't go into labor on my own in the early part of my 38th week(as I did with Ben and Emily), we're looking at a birth date of July 9th, 13th or 14th(depending on my doctor's schedule, what the hospital has available, etc). I will start seeing my doctor every other week over the next six weeks and then we hit the home-stretch. Holy crap. This baby is coming soon!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: