Dan had to work today(Holiday-pay plus time-and-a-half? Of course he chose to work today!). Since it was just Ben, Emily, Mimi and me, we chose to celebrate the 4th in a less than traditional fashion. We didn't attend any barbeques, out-door festivals or fire-works displays. We decided to spend Independence Day at the mall, instead! I got my eyebrows done, Mimi spent way too much in the Disney Store for Ben, Emmie and herself, spent some time at the mall's outdoor play-area and we enjoyed a delicious, if not peaceful, lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I never realized how not busy the mall and restaurants are on the 4th! I totally plan to spend all my 4th of July's there from now on;) Who needs to risk sunburn, food-poisoning and fire-damage when you can just spend cold hard cash in the cool a/c of your local mall? I really think I'm onto something here!
Once we got home from the mall, we took a dip in the pool. Ben got a spiffy pair of Nemo goggles(which he calls "gargles". So cute.) and couldn't wait to try them out. Never once did he put his face in the water, but he wore them the entire time, whether in the water or not! Emily, I'm pleased to report has become much more comfortable in the water. She discovered that she can walk around easily in our little pool, and has become very mermaid-esque since. She walks around like she owns the place, jumps up and done, even kneels in the pool when she's feeling brave. We played many, many rounds of "ring around the rosy" today, and she loved it=) At one point, while walking around on her own, she tripped and ended up submerged under water until I pulled her up. She cried, as expected, but didn't immediately beg to get out! She said, "Emmie fell down, mama. Emmie fell under water", but quickly got over it and kept playing! This time last week, she clung to me like an octopus and begged to get out after 3 minutes. We might turn her into a water-baby yet=)
All in all, it was a very enjoyable holiday! Here are some cute pictures from the play area today=) We hope your 4th was just as fun!

Mr. America, proudly wearing his "Merican flag shirt". He loves any clothing that's patriotic;) Mimi bought him an American flag a month or so ago and his love of the red, white and blue emerged. He was beside himself for weeks when he accidentally broke the flag. I heard, "I'm SO sorry I broke my 'merican flag, mommy" daily.
Once we got home from the mall, we took a dip in the pool. Ben got a spiffy pair of Nemo goggles(which he calls "gargles". So cute.) and couldn't wait to try them out. Never once did he put his face in the water, but he wore them the entire time, whether in the water or not! Emily, I'm pleased to report has become much more comfortable in the water. She discovered that she can walk around easily in our little pool, and has become very mermaid-esque since. She walks around like she owns the place, jumps up and done, even kneels in the pool when she's feeling brave. We played many, many rounds of "ring around the rosy" today, and she loved it=) At one point, while walking around on her own, she tripped and ended up submerged under water until I pulled her up. She cried, as expected, but didn't immediately beg to get out! She said, "Emmie fell down, mama. Emmie fell under water", but quickly got over it and kept playing! This time last week, she clung to me like an octopus and begged to get out after 3 minutes. We might turn her into a water-baby yet=)
All in all, it was a very enjoyable holiday! Here are some cute pictures from the play area today=) We hope your 4th was just as fun!
Mr. America, proudly wearing his "Merican flag shirt". He loves any clothing that's patriotic;) Mimi bought him an American flag a month or so ago and his love of the red, white and blue emerged. He was beside himself for weeks when he accidentally broke the flag. I heard, "I'm SO sorry I broke my 'merican flag, mommy" daily.
Emmie had a hair-raising fun time on the slides=) Every time she slide down, her hair shot up from the static electricity.
"weeee!" Yes, that giant, green sphere to the left is me; in all my 37.5 week glory;) Three babies in under 4 years has resulted in a belly of epic proportions this time around. You should have seen how small I carried with Ben...sigh....

0 comments:
Post a Comment