CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nursing Strike

Ever since Callie came down with the swine flu, she's been on a nursing strike. She went from reluctantly taking the occasional bottle to point-blank refusing to breastfeed. If I even try to get her into position to nurse, she starts wailing. As soon as I reposition her and show her the bottle, she audible sighs with relief and goes to work. Miss Independent even held her own bottle for Dan, as evident below. The odd part is that she'll still nurse at night, probably because she's only half awake. I'm not quite sure how to handle this, so I'm just goin' with the flow and waiting it out. Thank God for pumps and formula is all I have to say! Any ideas on how to get her to nurse again? Or have we crossed over from nipple confusion to bottle-preference?


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Could be because of the ear infections...could be causing pain in the nursing position...