CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spooooky House

We're still on lock-down as the last of us recover from the dreaded swine-flu. Since children are such petri-dishes anyhow, and have yet to master the art of covering their mouths(hell, some adults still haven't mastered this!), we've had to stay indoors for the past week. We're all getting a bit stir-crazy, but it's for the greater good! To help entertain the wild animals, Mimi brought over this super-fun gingerbread house kit for us to make today. Ben and Emily had so much fun decorating this thing that I wish we had more things to cover in royal icing and candy. The finished product was very spoooooky, as you can see=)



Emily was so proud of herself for doing a good job. She kept saying, "My being a good girl, mimi!"


She really liked putting the candies on.


Ben loved this project, too. He got to help use the hand-mixer to make the icing and
really loved choosing where to put his candies.

The Little Chick loved watching her big brother and sister in action. She's started really watching and interacting with them this week and we've even gotten a few laughs from her! It's very cute and I can't wait to get a video soon!Ain't she a beauty? I frosted the windows. Pretty crappy, huh!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kelley said...

That was such a great idea!!! I love it! Well done Ben and Emmy! xo