CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Feed Me! Or, rather, DON'T!

Callie had been displaying all the signs of readiness for solids--interest in our food, sitting up will with assistance, ditching the tongue-thrust reflex etc. In all honesty, I've been dreading starting solids because it's just one more demand on my time. The three of them run me ragged with their relentless demands from wake-up to bed-time and I don't know how or when I'll fit in three solid meals for Callie on top of it all. But, she was so eager and it's a milestone and blah blah blah. I decided to give it a go and see what happened. I'm pleased to report rice cereal was a big, fat FAIL. She hated it. She spit it out over and over again and by the fourth attempt, started crying any time I brought the spoon near her mouth. Phew! She just bought herself another month on the ol' liquid diet:)


So eager and happy!


In it went and out it goes, again.


"Seriously? This sh** is nasty. How could you feed this to a baby?!"


Nooooo Mooooooore!
The baby cereal really was gross, apparently. Emmie begged me for a bite, despite my insistence that it was yucky for her. I let her taste the teeniest bit and she immediately spit it out. So gross was this rice cereal that she also started gagging. Poor girl actually threw up in her mouth! This is her, telling me "You're right, mommy. That WAS yucky. My didn't like it". Awww:( No more cereal for either of my girls!


Posted by Picasa

0 comments: