Miss Callie is 13 months old and getting bigger by the day. She continues to work on her walking skills. She loves to be led around by her hands and use her dolly-stroller, a chair or one of her siblings as a push-toy:) She's started referring to babies, bottles and Ben as "Bah-bah". She seems like she's really paying attention and trying to process language. I can tell she's very clever already, even though she has few words. For example, she found a magnet on the floor of the living room, looked it over then crawled to the fridge and stuck it back on!
She already knows how to work all our electronics(computer, cable box, blu-ray, tv, cell phones and camera), too. She LOVES buttons and can't get enough of cause-and-effect. Her new favorite game is peek-a-boo. She only covers one eye and stares at you with the other to make sure you're playing:) She is pretty patient and waits til you've asked, "Where's Callie?" several times before popping up and laughing. She also picked up a less-desirable game called, "Ow!". To play this game, she smacks you while saying "Ow!" and waits for you to say it, too. I LOVE that she says "Ow!" for you=) It makes it *almost* funny, once you look past the part where a one-year-old hits you and then laughs. Emily and Ben are great at telling her to use soft hands. However, she is less enamoured with her bigger siblings lately. If they approach her while I'm feeding or holding her, she yells at them and pushes them away or kicks them! They think it's funny, especially when I reprimand her. She's having trouble learning to share me with Baby John, so I make sure to give her extra snuggles and attention when I can. All in all, she's had a great month. It's pretty thrilling watching her learn new things daily=)
She already knows how to work all our electronics(computer, cable box, blu-ray, tv, cell phones and camera), too. She LOVES buttons and can't get enough of cause-and-effect. Her new favorite game is peek-a-boo. She only covers one eye and stares at you with the other to make sure you're playing:) She is pretty patient and waits til you've asked, "Where's Callie?" several times before popping up and laughing. She also picked up a less-desirable game called, "Ow!". To play this game, she smacks you while saying "Ow!" and waits for you to say it, too. I LOVE that she says "Ow!" for you=) It makes it *almost* funny, once you look past the part where a one-year-old hits you and then laughs. Emily and Ben are great at telling her to use soft hands. However, she is less enamoured with her bigger siblings lately. If they approach her while I'm feeding or holding her, she yells at them and pushes them away or kicks them! They think it's funny, especially when I reprimand her. She's having trouble learning to share me with Baby John, so I make sure to give her extra snuggles and attention when I can. All in all, she's had a great month. It's pretty thrilling watching her learn new things daily=)

1 comments:
Precious!
Post a Comment