What's not to love about Ben? Emily just adores her big brother. She laughs at all he does, hugs and kisses him constantly and is positively forlorn whenever he's not around. She whines and whimpers when he's taking a nap alone. She stands at the door saying, "Beh-buh? Beh-buh?" and cries when we tell her she can't wake him up yet. When we finally tell her it's time, she runs to the door and yells his name with sheer jubilation. Nothing makes me happier than knowing how much my children love each other already.
I feel like the greatest gift you can give your child is a sibling, although I wasn't too certain when I first found out I was pregnant with Emily. To put it plainly, I was scared silly about having a second child so close in age to Ben. I worried about how he'd handle it, how I'D handle it and whether I was ruining everyone's life in one fell swoop. I remember talking to my dear friend April about it after we first found out. I called her crying and she helped me feel better about everything. She told me how wonderful it would be to have two babies so close together; how much they would surely love each other and how much I'd love watching them grow up together. She said, "can you imagine it?! They'll love playing together and be best friends. They'll hug each others little heads and it will be so cute to watch". She made me feel so much better at that moment and I couldn't wait!
We were so lucky and blessed with Emily. She is such a joy in our lives and no one feels that way more that Ben. He's loved her from Day 4(he ignored her the first 3 days;p). I can't believe how perfect this little humans are and that I not only made them, but get to be their mommy! I know this is all so mushy and cheesy, but capturing these pictures of Emily hugging Ben's little head reminded me of that conversation I had just two years ago, before I ever knew just how happy I could be to be alive. A lot of mothers will tell you that the happiest day of their life is the day their children were born. For me, every day since then has been the happiest day of my life. Because every day I get to experience my children is better than the last. Awwwwww. Schmaltz over;)

2 comments:
This post made me smile! I love the pics - too cute!
SOOOO freaking sweet.
Post a Comment