CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Emmie at the park

It's so much more fun now that Emily is big enough to really play at the park with Ben. She loves to try to copy Ben, which often leads to minor heat-attacks on my part. She doesn't understand that some things are OK for bigger kids to do, but not her. Since my mom was with us today, we were able to each take a kid and focus on their playtime until they decided they wanted us to switch. Here are some pictures from my time with Emmie=)

Emily has a new-found love of steering wheels. When she sees them, she yells, "I drive, mommy!" and then she makes the funniest growling noise to simulate the engine sounds. Who says women drivers are bad? Emily is an exemplary driver.


This girl has very healthy self-esteem=) Whenever she accomplishes a task, she says, "I did it!" and gives herself a round of applause. Here she is patting herself on the back for "sliding down" the pole behind her=)


She will also be an accomplished horsewoman. She loves to ride these springy horses and already has great balance.


"Swing, mommy!" The swing has been a long-time enemy of both Ben and Emily. I think I have the only two kids in the world who hate the swings at the park. Emily has recently branched out and given the swings a shot. We have to go REALLY slow and I have to stay in front of her, otherwise she yells, "Get up! Get up!" right away. She stayed in the swing for almost 5 minutes today, which is a new record=)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kim said...

Lily and Emily have so much in common - Lily HATES the swings too! Every time I put her in one she totally freaks out. Love these pics - the kids are adorable!

J said...

Owen can join the "Swing-Haters" club. He'll only sit in/on one and move at a snail's pace, any faster and he freaks.