CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun At The Museum

I was feeling brave today, so I decided to take Ben and Emily to the Children's Museum all by myself. We are members, so we can get in an hour earlier on Sundays. I thought this was a perfect chance for me to see if I could handle two rambunctious tots in a place they are used to running wild and free at. Normally, my mom or Dan goes with me, so we each take a child and sort of meet up when we meet up. I explained to them in advance that we needed to stay together and no one could run off by themselves. I was pleased and impressed by how well-behaved they were! Both stayed with me, played nicely and agreed to leave willingly when I said it was time to go home(a little ice cream definitely helped move them along, though.) Overall, we had a great time=)



A little time in the ambulance started off our day, then we moved on to the new outdoor-inspired exhibit.



Ben and Emmie had SO much fun playing in this "tree-house" exhibit.


Emily took a break to look at a book while Ben played.

Peek-a-boo!


Next, we moved on to another exhibit we've never explored: The Pizza Kitchen

Ben loved pretending to take my order at this cash register. Even Emily got in on the fun, asking me, "Can I help you?". Clearly, we eat out far too often!! She also enjoyed pretending to serve me the food. She brought me many plates of pizza, fruits and veggies and even seasoned them for me at the table. They both are quite hospitable.

The hardest part was explaining to Emmie that she mustn't put the play food in her mouth. Ick. So many toddlers were up there sampling the food, so I'm sure we're headed for another bout of illness in 5-7 days. Oh well. It was worth the fun!



After the Pizza Kitchen, I lured them home with the promise of ice-cream:
A good mother always offers nutritious snacks while on the go. She also NEVER uses food as bribes;) Ben and Emily love getting an ice-cream at the museum. If it helps them transition from playing to going home, who am I to stand in their way?

How do we know when they had a sufficiently fun time? They were beyond ready for their naps when we got home!


2 comments:

Steffens Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great time and I love E's pigtails!

Jett Thomas said...

That last pic of the two of them is presh! And I love Milly's piggies - to freaking cute.