Being that she is my last baby, I'm really trying to make the effort to savor and enjoy every minute of Callie's babyhood. It's hard to put into words how quickly and completely she has captured my heart. She is both so familiar, and yet, completely unknown to me at the same time. I love everything about her; from the top of her dark, silky head to the tips of her tiny, little toes. Staring into her big, beautiful eyes brings me so much giddy happiness. It's like your sweetest, most innocent school-girl crush and the best part is that you know they feel that way, too. Gazing down at her sleeping face as I hold her warm little body, snug in my arms is like taking a Zanex. It's total and complete contentment, for both of us.
I love this new-baby euphoria and how peaceful it is the third time around! Everything was so new and exhausting when Ben was a baby. I groped my way through his first year, constantly watching and waiting for him to hit the next stage. So much of Emily's babyhood is a happy blur to me because the focus was split between her, Ben and Hazel. But Callie? She will be the one I sit back and enjoy the ride with. I'll still watch and wait for her to reach those bittersweet milestones and I know so much of this next year will be a happy blur, too. But, I'm armed with so much more experience, if not patience, and I have her three biggest fans to keep me company as we watch this sweet girl change and grow. I'm determined to cherish every moment, and with a baby as sweet as Callie, it should be pretty easy!

This is how she spends most of her waking hours=)
I love this new-baby euphoria and how peaceful it is the third time around! Everything was so new and exhausting when Ben was a baby. I groped my way through his first year, constantly watching and waiting for him to hit the next stage. So much of Emily's babyhood is a happy blur to me because the focus was split between her, Ben and Hazel. But Callie? She will be the one I sit back and enjoy the ride with. I'll still watch and wait for her to reach those bittersweet milestones and I know so much of this next year will be a happy blur, too. But, I'm armed with so much more experience, if not patience, and I have her three biggest fans to keep me company as we watch this sweet girl change and grow. I'm determined to cherish every moment, and with a baby as sweet as Callie, it should be pretty easy!
This is how she spends most of her waking hours=)

0 comments:
Post a Comment