CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

Yesterday, Ben decided he didn't feel like taking a nap. He pounded on his door, yelling, "Mommy! I awake! I took my nap, can I get up?". I opened his door and told him he needed to lay back down because I know he hadn't slept at all. He told me he needed his diaper changed(that's their special trick to get out of taking a nap. They've learned to defecate on command. Charming.). I changed him and told him to lay back down.
Five minutes later, he starts pounding on his door again! I went in to put him back to bed and the kid upped his game. BIG TIME. He looked up at me with the saddest eyes ever and said(in the saddest voice ever), "Mama. My (s)tomach weely hurts! I need to get up. Pleaaaaase, mama." I couldn't contend with that! I told him he could come out of his room and wouldn't you know it? Insta-recovery. I've been out-witted by a three year old.

This evening, after taking a much needed nap, Mr. Benjamin woke up to find that it was already dark outside. He knows this means we can't go outside to play which is never a good thing. He was beside himself with anger. He ranted and raged for well over thirty minutes. He got to the point where he was trying to hit me, so Emily and I went into their bedroom to play(hoping he'd join us). When he realized he no longer had his captive audience, he ran to find us. He swung open the door, pointed an angry finger of recrimination and said the meanest thing he's EVER said to me:

"You are a really bad friend, mama!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I laughed while pretending to cry. The only thing Ben hates than being ignore during a tantrum is being laughed at.


Ben, in happier times.

0 comments: